Publishing in Journals - Question and Answer


Questions and Answers :
When Should I publish a Communication?
When I think the work is path breaking and innovative, and for a timely publication, I should prefer communications. More over it should be relevant for others. It should have very brief introduction and a brief conclusion. Main focus is given on the meat of the matter, ie Results and discussion.
 When Should I publish Full papers?
I should publish a full paper, when there has been a complete study and when I have all the details of the body of the work, such as mechanisms, data supporting the proposed mechanism. Maximum pages can be 5.
 When should I consider writing a review?
When I have published around 5 papers in the field that I am focused on and have gained considerable experience in the field of work I am focused on. Also, I should have peer reviewed at least 5-10 papers of other authors consistently and timely, without bias.

No comments: